Acupuncture is one of the oldest healing practices in the world, which has its roots in China. Acupuncture is a form of alternative medicine and is one of the techniques of traditional Chinese medicine in which thin needles are inserted into the body to alleviate pain and treat a wide range of chronic health conditions. Although acupuncture is a derivative of Eastern medical practices, it is predominantly found practiced in the western world and has a rising popularity every year for a number of reasons. In the US alone, there are more than 10 million adults who have benefited from acupuncture treatment at some time in the past or are using it now. Acupuncture aims to restore and maintain health by stimulating specific points in the body called the acu points by shallow insertion of sterilized needles through the dermis of the skin across the primary channels and meridians that crisscross the body.
How Does Acupuncture work?
Traditional Chinese medicine says that good health is associated with a balance between three key components Qi, Ying& Yang. It says that disease occurs when there is disruption in the flow of Qi and imbalance in the forces of Yin and yang. This imbalance can be corrected with acupuncture, which can effectively modify the flow of energy throughout the body and ease out the pain or help enhance the healing process. It is believed that acupuncture can influence the autonomic nervous system of the body that controls bodily functions and release of chemicals that regulate the flow of blood, reduce inflammation and calm the brain.
Here is why acupuncture is good for you:
1. Enhances Focus And Clarity: Acupuncture can have a positive impact on your mental wellness. The brain communicates with the various parts of our body through chemical messengers called neurotransmitters. Any irregularities in the release of these neurotransmitters, can affect the balance of mind and body. In this case, Acupuncture helps the brain regularize the release of these neurotransmitters to invigorate your thought process and open up your mind.
2. Helps Manage Stress: Stress is one of the top reasons why many people prefer acupuncture. It is one of the best and safest alternative therapies to help you manage stress. In fact, single 20minute acupuncture seems to have a positive effect on the anxiety, elevate mood and calm your brain.
3. Treats Orthopedic Disorders: According to scientific research, it is reported that acupuncture may reduce the pain by 50% showing a clear and positive effect in the treatment of certain orthopedic conditions such as chronic back pain, neck stiffness, shoulder pain, joint pain, and osteoarthritis. The acupuncture needles activate sensory nerves under the skin and promote the release of pain-relieving molecules such as endorphins and help ease the pain in the inflamed areas.
4. Works Wonders For Women’s Health Ailments: Acupuncture is proven to be effective in treating women’s health issues such as premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menstrual cramps, hot flashes, irregular periods, infertility and many other reproductive health-related issues. Acupuncture targets hormonal imbalances and regulates the menstrual cycle and reduces the severity of persisting health issues.
5. Acupuncture Is A Drug-Free Treatment: Prolonged use of anti-inflammatory drugs and steroids may have some side effects on our bodies. Acupuncture is a drug-free, safe, effective treatment for many health conditions.
6. Beneficial In Treating Drug Addiction: Acupuncture could potentially be an effective tool in treating drug addiction and aid in the detoxification process for people struggling with substance abuse. It helps find relief from cravings while creating feelings of calm and relief from withdrawal symptoms. It is also believed that acupuncture aids a person struggling with substance abuse rejuvenate his body and soul with the activation of positive energies within the body thereby bringing control over his own mind.
7. Acupuncture For Gastro-Intestinal Disorders: Many studies have revealed that acupuncture is effective showing positive results for a wide range of gastrointestinal disorders, including nausea, constipation, Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), peptic ulcers, gall stones, Chron’s disease, and many more functional disorders. It can treat digestive imbalance by reducing the stress and regulating the nervous system and the endocrine system’s hyperactivity that cause irregular patterns in the digestive system.
8. Relief From Allergies: Research says that acupuncture may show relief for people suffering from allergies and eczema symptoms. Acupuncture is known to soothe nasal allergy symptoms to a great level.. It is confirmed that acupuncture is proven to have a long term and short term clinical benefits to people suffering from allergic rhinitis.
Bonus Tip: Acupuncture is also prone to be effective in treating sleep disorder, migraine headaches, and many other health ailments. It is a safe and cost-effective treatment to improve your healing process and get better soon in the most natural way without any unwanted side effects. We at"NY FOUR SEASONS ACUPUNCTURE & Wellness” have experienced acupuncturists who can treat you with the utmost care and a holistic approach.